HALUK SARCI - HEAD RUNNING AND CYCLING COACH
Haluk Sarci was born in Istanbul, Turkey and began his athletic adventures as a member of the National Track and Field Team in Turkey. An Olympic qualifier for the 1980 Olympics, Haluk held the honor of representing his country even though they were eventually boycotted. In 1984 Haluk immigrated to the United States where he participated in six New York City Marathons and five Boston Marathons where he set his personal record of 2 hrs. 35 min. Haluk has experience in the sport of Duathlon, Triathlon, Running, swimming, and road cycling. He has been participating in triathlons for more than nine years and has competed in many national and international events.
Among them are:
- International Triathlon Union Long Course World
- Championship – Sweden
- Representing USA – 2000 Ranked 10th in US
- Master’s Division and 2001 Ranked 8th in US Master’s Division
- Vineman Half Ironman – California
- Tupper Lake Tinman Triathlon – New York
- Ironman Lake Placid – New York
- Powerman – Alabama
- Eagle Man Half Iron Man – Maryland
- Muscleman – New York
- Mighty Hamptons – New York
- New York City Triathlon – New York
- St. Croix Half Ironman – St. Croix, US Virgin Islands
- 5X Ironman World Championship – Hawaii
- Six times qualifier. Placing 7th in his age group in 2001
Haluk continues his athletic career as a TriStarAthelte coach and cyclist, training and racing for various teams. Last year he had the amazing opportunity to travel to Italy and train with Massimiliano Lelli. This year he will join him again and will do some of the races Massimiliano hosts in Italy. He will also travel to Gran Canaria for ten days of training among the world’s top cyclists.
As a coach, Haluk has been helping elite athletes achieve their maximum potential for over fifteen years. Haluk is excited to be part of the TriStar coaching team, bringing a wealth of racing and coaching experience to all of his athletes.
Haluk lives and trains in New Jersy with his wife Margaret, daughter Deniz, son Kaan and their Golden Retriever Vicky.
TSA Level I and TSA Level II coaches study under our Principal Coaches (Level III) and Pro Staff. You will be working with a TSA Level I,II, or III coach who is also working with a one of our principal coaches for the best experience. Click here to learn more about our certified coaches and programs.